As one of the leading providers of commercial car insurance in North Dakota and Minnesota, Fargo Moorhead Insurance gets a lot of questions on the topic! Today, we’re going to go over some of the frequently asked questions and answers on this subject to help you get all the information you need.
What is commercial auto insurance?
This is a form of car insurance designed to insure the business use of a vehicle against property damage and liability claims.
Who needs commercial auto insurance?
If you drive a vehicle just for business use or you drive a personal vehicle for business, it is important to have commercial auto insurance! In either of these situations, the vehicle will not be covered under a personal auto policy which is why commercial car insurance is necessary.
What does this insurance cover?
There are several things that can be covered under a commercial car insurance policy,
- Property damage liability
- Liability for bodily injury to others
- Optional bodily injury coverage for injuries that occur outside of the state where you live
- Personal injury to you or your employed drivers or passengers. Personal injury protection includes medical expenses and lost wages
- Collision coverage for costs associated with an accident, regardless of fault
- Comprehensive coverage for damage from events other than a collision
- Medical payments coverage for hospitalizations, treatment, and funeral expenses
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Non-owned auto coverage if you or your employees drive a rented or borrowed vehicle
- Loading and unloading liability
- Substitution transportation if your commercial vehicle is being repaired and you need a loaner from the repair shop
- Towing and labor costs
How much does this coverage cost?
The price of auto insurance for a business vehicle will depend on several things, including the size and scope of your business, how many people use the vehicle, and how many vehicles are being insured. Making sure your commercial vehicles are equipped with any and all available safety features and that drivers complete safe driving courses are effective ways to get the best deal for your coverage.
Another way to ensure you’re getting the best deal for commercial auto insurance in Fargo and Moorhead is by working with the right company! Give the team at Fargo Moorhead Insurance a call today to discuss your policy options.